If you’ve taken out a life insurance policy, your insurer will pay a one-time sum to your loved ones if you pass away or to you if you become terminally ill.
This money might help you cover things like daily living expenses, any outstanding debts, or final costs such as funeral or estate fees for your family.
To make certain that you are buying the right sort of protection, check each policy’s details. Every policy has its own set of terms and conditions, so double-check the Policy Document to be sure it meets your needs. Learn about:
- What is and isn’t included under the policy
- What information is required by the insurance company that you may get?
- Your premiums and how they may change over time
- The amount of time you must wait before being able to file a claim
- How to submit a claim
Life insurance for seniors in New Zealand functions just like any other age group, but there can be advantages to picking a policy that is created specifically for older Kiwis. Seniors Term Life Insurance can be obtained by New Zealanders aged 45 – 79, and you don’t need to take a blood test or fill out strenuous paperwork to apply.
What are the different types of life insurance, and which one is best for you?
Despite the fact that some life insurance policies cover you for a lifetime, many seniors find it difficult to obtain this kind of coverage later in life. That’s due to the fact that most firms have low entry age restrictions and need that the individual be healthy and live a healthy lifestyle. It’s critical to understand the distinctions between all of the sorts of policies before making a selection so you can pick what is appropriate for you.
This is a type of life insurance that provides coverage for you for as long as you live, or until you make a claim or cancel your coverage. This sort of life insurance can provide protection throughout your entire life, although there are some limitations when it comes to cover after you reach a certain age, making it difficult to acquire a policy before then.
Term life insurance
Term life insurance is a policy that covers you for either a set period of time or until you reach a certain age. It can be an excellent way to ensure that both you and your loved ones are protected during the different stages of your lives when coverage is most needed.
Seniors Term Life insurance was designed with the over 50s in mind:
- You can pick a coverage amount that best works for you and your loved ones, starting at $10,000 going up to $100,000. Once approved, you’ll be set for the next 20 years or until you’re 85 (whichever comes first) without having to worry.
- Seniors Term Life insurance offers 20% of the policy payout as an advance to help pay for funeral costs, so your loved ones won’t have money troubles during this difficult time.
- If you die as a result of an accident, your family’s benefit amount will be increased to three times the amount originally paid in benefits.
- We’ll even put you in touch with a claims expert that will only work for you, so there’ll be no need for your loved ones to explain things to multiple people.